tirsdag 17. mars 2009

R.I.P. Lisa


I don't really know what to say, but I think that Lisa deserves some last respects from me on my blog.

Lisa was always so full of life and I can't believe it was taken away, just like that. I can still hear her say: "hell no!" and that's what I want to say now! It is not that I won't see her again that makes me grieve; I haven't seen her since I left Iowa. It is more just knowing that now she isn't over there anymore, and Iowa is not the same. She was so young! What makes it seem so unfair is the knowledge of all the things she still had left to see.

I will cherish the memories I have from this tough little girl. I remember us warming up in volleyball together, and I remember when we went to that basketball game; how much fun we had on the ride to the game. And her giving me a hard time about my family forgetting to give my cat birth control! If there is a heaven up there she sure is making some life giving those angels a hard time!

It feels wrong for me; saying rest in peace - because I don't see Lisa resting. I see her living.

I will remember her, always. I will not let her life be for nothing; I will remember how she lived, and not how she died. Her energy and her determination will inspire me as I know it has inspired others.

This is a quote that was on her facebook profile and I think it describes her personality very well: (TI - "Dead and Gone") :

I turn my head to the east… I don’t see nobody by my side
I turn my head to the west… still nobody in sight
So I turn my head to the north, swallow that pill that they call pride
The old me is dead and gone, the new me will be alright

I miss you, Lisa <3

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar