lørdag 20. juni 2009

I <3 John, Judy and Reeses!

John and Judy, an amizingly oversized bag of Reeses peanut butter cups, some funny shades (not the beloved lost-forever shades that I forgot at Lucie's house), my "Harry Potter" book, "Eragon" book and some other books I left behind in Iowa - all arrived safely on Ålesund airport Vigra yesterday at 16.21!

But, even though John and Judy somehow managed to bring all that stuff with them all the way here, their suitcases did not make it. The suitcases stayed overnight in Amsterdam, probably got wasted on some 100% legal marihuana. If a suitcase can get wasted, I guess this plot is more realistic; the airport workers were wasted. Luckily, they came today and so J&J finally got their clothes. OK, to be fair to Amsterdam and the Netherlands (even though marihuana is legal there); their flight from Chicago was delayed and they only had 30 minutes in Amsterdam.

We have had a great time so far! Yesterday, I took them to Fjellstua to look at the view, and we also walked around in Borgundgavelen looking at some traditional old wooden houses.

Now they finally see why I was laughing at Iowans having troubles driving up hills in the wintertime. They have finally gotten to see some real hills! Aaand some really narrow streets, and some kick ass stick driving!

Poor people; this morning they woke up: totally panicking because it was so bright outside, then they were completely shocked as they looked at the time and found out it was only 4 am! This time of year in Norway is the brightest, not even kidding: you can sit outside on your porch reading the newspaper at midnight!

Today they got to see Ålesund. Judy got a Norwegian plate, John got a Norwegian sweater! The weather was fantastic and we had a lunch on Invit, a cafè where you can sit outside on a dock down by the sea. Took tons of pictures.

These Americans, normally living as far away from the ocean as you can get in the USA, got some fresh sea food today; shrimps, crab and fish!

I would upload some pictures! But my computer will not connect to the Internet right now, so you will just have to keep on looking out for pictures soon.

This is just amazing: I went to live in Iowa for a year. John and Judy welcomed me into their home with open arms, and now I finally get to do the same thing. They showed me their culture; now I can show them mine.

Tomorrow we're going to the Geiranger Fjord and we will stay overnight there at a hotel. Hopefully it won't be too crowded; because there is a Harley Davidson festival going on!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar