torsdag 16. april 2009

Back to the 90's!




















We're dressing up tomorrow! Theme: the 90's.

I WOULD really dress up as one of the Spice Girls, picking the worst of this century's fashion: giant buffalo shoes, flare pants and a really short glittery top (of course without a bra... which remids me; my mother used to warn me against those belly-showing tops, saying my body would produce a second layer of fat to keep my tummy warm)
Matching is absolutely forbidden.

SHOCKINGLY I do not own one single item/garment mentioned above. Not at the time-being, if my mother hadnot given away all old clothes I would still have my turquoise flare pants... But she did. Too bad. I think I will go for an early 90's sophisticated style, with a big T-shirt, washed out jeans and a blazer. Or maybe a flannel shirt?
Punk, grunge and hip hop also had their breakthroughs at this time. But that's not really my experience of that century..
This is (well these are the things that popped up in my head):
  • Every girl had her hair parted in the middle, of course.
  • "Friends" was in the early 90's!
  • Tamagotchi!
I have to admit that even though I was born in the 90's I first discovered the very best of the 90's music later: Red Hot Chillipeppers, Nirvana, R.E.M, Metallica.
- I did of course know Spice Girls, Britney Spears (late 90's), Boyzone, Aqua, A1, etc.
A sad childhood indeed if you look at music taste..
Or...?





What do you remember from the 90's?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar