torsdag 27. august 2009

Party for the Fjellstua staff :)

Ann, enjoying wine in Italian surroundings.

The sisters; Johanne and Elise

Me and Franz!

Last thursday it was, for a change, the staff from Fjellstua's turn to party (instead of working at a party like we usually do)! A few of us met up in a bar downtown in Ålesund. Then we took a ferry out to Valderøya, one of the islands right outside Ålesund, where some cars were waiting to take us to Cecilia's restaurant on Vigra (yet another island).

Most embarrasing, one of the first things I managed to do was forget my jacket in the first bar.. And the night was still young.. (Luckily I got it back, so no real harm done!)
Cecilia's place was amazing. We walked in the door, from Vigra, Norway, and into an idyllic restaurant in Italy. Aperitif, starter, main course, home made ice cream, wine. You name it!
The bloopers of the year were shared, I think I made it. Alright, I wasn't going to tell you, but I guess the beans were already spilt at the party..
It was one of the toilet bloopers. We have had a lot of toilet stories. Two Italians
have managed to lock themselves in. Still, like I said, I guess I outshined all the toilet stories. It was my first time working on the terrace, with outdoor serving and everything. So I didn't realize that the toilets downstairs in the first floor, where the inside restaurant is, still were open.. When a lady asked me for the toilets, my first thought was of the staff toilet back in the storeroom. Why not? She asked for a toilet, and there was one.. So I showed her the way. Obstacles occured of course.. The thing is, she was a bit fat, and so I had to start moving away boxes and everything in order for her to be able to get through! Imagine the scene; this fat, mildly shocked lady standing there, and me feverishly rearranging boxes and goods! This was what met Ann, my colleague, as she came in. Ooh, I knew they would bring this story up at the party! Now however, I know better. When someone asks for the toilets, or the bathrooms, or restrooms, or the loo, or the lavatory, or the WC or whatever language or variety of English they may speak, I clearly and experienced state: OUTSIDE, DOWNSTAIRS, INSIDE. Some misinterpret this to mean that they have to walk the 418 steps down to town again, but they usually find the toilets eventually without me having to move anything!


Back to the party: after enjoying Cecilia's gastronomical delights and being laughed at, and after emptying the wine bottles, Franz (the best chief in the world, or at least the kindest -) took those who "deared come with him" out downtown Ålesund. The generous chief bought drinks for us girls and guess who got into the 20 places.. ;)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar