tirsdag 10. februar 2009

Girl's weekend at Ina's!

This Saturday, me and Birgit decided to finally visit Ina in her new student apartment in Volda, some hours away.

It was nice to get away from Ålesund for a while, not that I do not love it here but I am too adventourus a person to stay a long time in just one place without feeling a bit trapped. I start feeling restless. So Volda proved to be just the change of environment and the excitement to spice up my life that I desperately needed at the moment!

After a 2 1/2 hours ride on the bus - which of course being on the West coast of Norway also included a ferry ride - and after almost going off at
the totally wrong bus station, we made it to Volda!

This cosy, cold town in which half the people are students. Suits me perfectly!


We stumbled through the snow; sleeping bags in our hands, towards the apartment building - and on the way bought some ingredients for tacos. Shockingly, we forgot to buy the main ingredient: the tortillas... Guess who had to run back and get some ;)

After a nice dinner with girl talk and candles, we started dolling up while singing out loudly, then headed out into the snow for our big night out!

Volda, seemingly a small town, proved to be large enough to get lost in; and after wandering around in the freezing cold for an hour, and after endless phone calls to Ina's friends and class mates, we made it to the first party! There we finally got to meet the people we'd heard so much about in endless phone conversations with Ina!

After this party - I told you it was only the first party - we went out to the student house for a concert.

This I had my doubts about. The band, Sidebrok, is a Norwegian rap group - and although I do not dislike them I am not excactly their biggest fan either. As expected, since the band is from Volda/Ørsta, there was a lot of people. I actually had the most wonderful time!

Pherhaps it was the beer, or the people's energy, or the cute guy I met there; but either way it was amazing! And of course three skilled girls like ourselves got a free ride home.

Waking up at 6.30 the next morning and not being able to fall asleep again was obviously less fun, but after hours of waiting on my behalf for the others to wake up we had a nice breakfast.

Then it was saying goodbye to Ina, a sad separation it was indeed; and heading back to reality: a Norwegian presentation and a math test awaiting in Ålesund.





Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar